Friday 14 October 2011

Wolverhampton - Where are we?

Living just 20 minutes by car, 40 minutes by bus away from Wolverhampton getting to University is easy. I recently transferred courses onto Graphic Communication from Events & Venue Management as I found during the first 2 weeks of that course that it just wasn't for me and I wasn't enjoying my time there, so I decided to change this immediately. Now, successfully being accepted after having an interview and going through the transfer process I am now beginning to understand and complete the work set by each modules.

The Type Fundamental project, Where we are? I find is an interesting task as you get to gain a deeper concept into typefaces. Instead of just selecting a font you are learn different categories that typefaces come in to and also the measurements that type is measured in (points). So far, I have learnt that I need to work smaller in order to put more detail onto my drafts and also to sharpen my pencil to allow me to do this. Coming into the group 3 weeks late I feel that I have managed to grasp the work pretty quickly and start to develop ideas by attending group work sessions and seeing how other members in the group started to develop theirs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment